Android isn’t quite as secure as iOS.
Every month, it seems, we here about new malware that is designed to target Android phones – most of which are running older versions of Android.
The fragmented nature of Android, where millions of handsets run different versions of the OS, make it difficult for Google to ensure a solid level of security for ALL devices in its ecosystem.
For this reason, it is probably advisable for anyone not running the latest version of Android to have some form of antivirus on their phone. Just to be safe.
You’ll probably never need it, or use it, but that’s not really the point – it’s better to not need something and have it there when it is required than need it and not have it.
So What Is The Best Antivirus For Android?
There are A LOT of options out there. Too many to name here, so all I can do is pass on what I know about the ones I have used.
During the past few years, I’ve used both Kaspersky and Avast and have had ZERO problems with each of them. For this reason, I can 100% recommend these options.
You can get a free version of both, however, for extra coverage, there are paid options. Kaspersky has a 99.9% detection rate for malware, while Avast has over 100 million downloads in the Google Play Store.
What I Use Today For Malware Protection
I ended up sticking with Kaspersky. There was no real reason why I decided to go with this one; I just prefer the way it looks and functions.
I also added in the premium features too, which net you the following benefits: real-time protection, anti-theft, anti-phishing, and an app locker.
You can also try ALL of these features for FREE for 30 days by visiting Kaspersky and downloading the application.
by rgoodwin via Featured Articles
No comments: